Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Newest Designs


We've had this idea to make a record invitation for a very long time, and we finally got around to making it! I couldn't be happier with it. Jonathan spent a bit of time looking up vintage records to get the inspiration for the sleeve design, and we also wanted it to an interactive invitation, instead of just showing a record, you actually pull the record out of it's sleeve.


While Jonathan does most of our desiging, I have been working on some invitations on my own, being a photographer I don't spend too much time trying to make new designs (I leave it up to the pro in our household). However, I've been toying with the idea of making a pattern of some kind, and having the back of the invitation printed with this pattern. Here is the result,


I also designed this invitation, we've been wanting to have an invitation that's printed on a brown kraft paper for a while now. This design can be printed with three different seasonal trees.

10 comments:

  1. okay, the record invites...GENIUS! I totally want that when i get married now...you'll be hearing from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! just found your blog and absolutely adore your art. this record invite is delightful! so much fun! i can't wait to stop back and see more of your new work. best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the record invites. I'll be getting in touch with you about getting some once I get engaged and we pick a date. :) They're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That record invitation is beyond adorable! I've never seen anything like it-- fabulous work!

    (Love the blog, too.)

    Lissette

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Mind if I feature those record invites on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've featured these on hi-fi weddings as well! (http://hifiweddings.com/2010/03/11/etsy-record-invites/)

    in fact, i put you on my vendors page! i'd like to contact you about something i'm working on for my vendors :)

    would you please email me at your convenience? (hifiweddings AT gmail DOT com)

    xo - ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always planning the perfect wedding in my head and your record invites are the new dream invites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there,

    just wanna say that i love your designs, featured it today on my blog (http://weddingbug.blogspot.com/2010/09/etsy-love-ello-there.html).

    i would also love to feature your shop in an interview if it's okay. let me know and ill be happy to send you the interview questions:)

    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I you have shared the awesome invitations designs....they are simply best and amazing.....I liked the invitations and I gonna share these invitations with my friends, so that they come to know about different types of designs.....:)

    Thanks and Regards
    Invitations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good steps have been used in this article. By giving these type of examples we can easily understand what the writer is saying in this article.
    Engagement invites

    ReplyDelete